Week 7 for GSoC just ended. I successfully cleared the mid-term review, thanks @certik
I started the week 6 by implementing refactoring the various instances of
subs by adding a method
create to construct classes with canonicalization. #210 was the relevant issue which was raised. I opened pull 213 to address this issue. This was a good addition as it reduced the line of codes by 117.
After successfully resolving #210 I started working on the Complex Module. By the end of the sixth week, I had discussed with Ondrej regarding the basic structure for the Complex Class. We had decided to use the
mpq_class itself for the real and the imaginary part, as opposed to creating an alternate real or complex part.
Pull 223 implements the complex module. The class design structure could be found in the PR.
In Week 7 I was travelling back from University to home, so I couldn’t contribute much code for a couple of days. By the end of Week 7, I had managed to implement some part of the basic API. All the virtual functions are yet to be implemented, so right now I’m not returning an object in
I will speed up during the next week and hope to merge the Complex Module.
Somewhere around this period, I crossed 100 commits into CSymPy master. Its been a long journey since I first started contributing to CSymPy.
The Week Ahead
Complete the basic API for
Complex Module and merge it into master.
Thats all for now :) Will get back next week!